From Urban Dictionary
If you often have trouble creating close and meaningful relationships with friends or girls you meet, you may be doing some things that make you appear socially awkward. Here are some ways to not be socially awkward.
1. Nothing is more awkward than a nervous, shy, and un-friendly person. Adopt a sunny, (at least semi) extroverted outlook and befriend the world around you. Make small talk (BS innocuous questions like “hows the weather?”) with the people you see everyday. Slow down your gestures and move deliberately.
2. Learn how to be funny in a way that is actually funny. When you crack a joke, and no one laughs, just kind of looks at you funny, or gets pissed off, it’s probably time to work on this aspect of your game. Being funny and having a sense of humor is something that can be learned.
3. Embrace the gaps of silence in conversation. It’s perfectly normal to not be talking at all times. Being comfortable with the natural gaps in conversation is a big sign of a self-assured and high confidence person.
4. Avoid talking about anything too sexually crude, especially if it’s a woman you just started seeing. Remember, when your out on a date your not in the locker room or Barrens chat.
5. Avoid sharing stories that you should probably keep to yourself, like that time you screamed like a girl crapped yourself when you watch The Ring.
6. Don’t ask people questions that will put them on the spot or make them uncomfortable when you don’t know them well. When someone is with you, they want to remember having fun with you, not stress and weird questions. If there is something you want to ask that you wouldn’t want to be asked, don’t ask it.
If you like what you’re reading here, check out my eBook for more content that will NEVER be posted on my blog.